Could your windows use a little sprucing up? Window cleaning is one of those chores that easily moves to the bottom of the “To Do” list weekend after weekend. And yet, once they’re finished, you’ll be amazed at the difference clean windows make in terms of your home’s curb appeal and improving the interior views of the outside world. Clean windows also enhance your home’s natural lighting.
All of the above make it worthwhile to invest a little time in hiring the right window cleaning company – one that is reliable, shows up on time and can be counted on season after season, and year after year.
Complete These Items Before Hiring a Window Cleaning Service
Hiring the right company requires a few different phone calls and a small question/answer question. It will be more than worth your while and, in most cases, you’ll hire a window cleaning company who offers other odd job services your household can benefit from.
Here are some questions to start with:
- What do you do to ensure the safety of your employees? Ladder accidents are one of the leading causes of injury for window cleaners, so you want to hear that the owner or manager provides regular climbing and ladder safety education/training to company employees. Upper stories and hard-to-reach windows may require workers to access the roof, which entails tie-downs or the use of lifts, which add an added layer of safety precautions to the mix.
- Do you clean blinds? Most companies will clean your blinds for an additional fee. It’s worth paying it if you can afford it. If the fee for cleaning blinds is outside of your budget, clean the blinds beforehand or all that dust and grime can shake off, marring freshly cleaned windows.
- How much extra is it to clean screens? Some companies include screen cleaning in their service fee because clean screens keep windows clean for longer. However, others charge a nominal extra price that is well worth it since accessing screens, cleaning them and reinstalling them is much easier to do with the proper equipment, and at the same time as the windows are being cleaned.
- Do you have references? Experienced window cleaning companies should have a long list of references, both residential and commercial, that they are ready to hand over. Then, take the time to contact several of the references to verify they’re valid, find out how long they’ve used the service and to answer other pertinent questions regarding timeliness, invoicing and billing, whether estimates were comparable with the final price, the trustworthiness of the employees, etc.
- What other services, if any, do you offer? Because of the equipment required to wash windows, it makes smart business sense to expand a services menu to include things like house cleaning services, gutter and roof cleaning, moss removal, pressure washing and other odd jobs. As a result, many companies that provide window cleaning services also offer an array of other services to their clients. Combining services may allow you to benefit from bundled pricing, which can save money while getting more of your seasonal “To Dos” out of the way.
Looking to hire a window cleaning service here in the Northwest? Contact ProMan WC. 425-908-9121 or 510-478-4880. We’ve provided reliable window cleaning, housekeeping and other general odd job services for more than 10 years and have a very loyal clientele. References are never a problem. We look forward to making your life a little easier.